[Nut-upsuser] Poweraware 5115, ttyS0, Ubuntu 6.06.1

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Sep 21 12:07:14 UTC 2007

> Should I use latest source-package (2.2)?

Preferably yes, although 2.0.3 should work as well.

> Is it possible to get this Ubuntu 6.06 2.0.2-package to work?
> Is it somehow essential broken?

Not that I know of, but I'm by no means an Ubuntu expect.

> I found your answer for Ubuntu 6.10/Powerware 5110/via usb - situation
> is somehow similar:
>
> "You're still using nut-2.0.4, do you? It might be helpful to upgrade to
> the latest stable version (nut-2.0.5), since some startup problems (the
> server starting when the driver isn't ready yet) were resolved."

You don't use an USB connection, so the above doesn't apply to you. The
startup problems were related to the newhidups (now usbhid-ups) driver
that took a long time to startup for some UPS devices. A workaround for
this problem was introduced in nut-2.0.5 and the problem has been fixed in
the upcoming nut-2.2.1 release.

> Anyway, I do try 2.2 from source on monday, then I know what user is
> compiled in. I think it is nut on Ubuntu 6.06.

Let us know if that works for you.

Best regards, Arjen