[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite OMNIVS1500 Woes

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 02:30:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Jon Bougher <jonb88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had all sorts of strange & aggravating results during the setup and
> testing of this device.

Just think about how aggravating it was to develop this driver :-)

> - BUT! 9 out of 10 times When I restore power to the UPS, the driver throws
> one of several errors and dissconnects. The other two services then assume
> since the UPS was least reachable in an OB situation that they must power
> down the system! And that they do! The other few times I repeat this
> exercise, it actually works! This is my dilemma!
>
> Here is the most persistant error type I get when running the Driver in
> Debug mode (I am using the latest trunk SVN):

You may need to pass one or two more -D options to see what is really
going on. I am suspicious of any "error code 0" messages because "0"
usually means "no error".

> Please direct me in what I should do from here. This is my first net-admin
> type job and I want to make a great impression.

In that case, you may want to recommend another brand of UPS for
future upgrades. I can't speak for the Windows driver software, but
from where we stand, the Tripp Lite protocols are a moving target.

--
- Charles Lepple