[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite OmniPlus1000LCD Problem on VIA system

Craig Van Degrift craig at yosemitefoothills.com
Wed Aug 13 04:30:42 UTC 2008

Charles,

Thanks for confirming that both OHCI and UHCI support 1.0 and 1.1.  Also, at
your suggestion I checked my Sony Mavica camera.  It is USB 1.1 and works
fine with the UHCI.  I have joined the linux-usb mail list and submitted my
problem including syslog output made with USB debug compiled in the kernel.
I had incorrectly assumed that the low-level code was rock solid, but from
the activity on linux-usb, I see that there are lots of fixes underway.

I am going to assume that it is a problem that will be resolved by future
updates to the linux kernel.  The UPS was $100 at CostCo and I will refrain
from taking it back.  In the worst case, I can help the usb developers
isolate the problem. Other Linux users will no doubt be buying these units.

/proc/interrupts shows ehci_hcd, and the four uhci_hcd devices, but they share
interrupts with other things so I don't see how to separate out their
activity.  The counts rise rapidly even when I do nothing with USB gadgets.