[Nut-upsuser] Problem with APC and Fedora 8 I86_64

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 23:56:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Geraint Evans <pvcymraig at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I have been trying to get Nut working on a system with Fedora 8 i86_64 installed and an APC
> Smart-UPS USB.
>
> The 2.2.0 rpm does not seem to like the USB on this UPS.

Can you elaborate?

Where did this RPM come from?

What error messages did you get?

> I have tried compiling the 2.2.2 version,
> from source, but am getting warnings. I have tried building it on my i386 system (f8 as well) and I
> get no warnings also the 2.2.0 works fine on that one with a TrippLite Omni 900 LCD via USB.

I haven't verified all of the warnings you listed, but they look like
they mostly come from debug messages, and probably will not cause any
change during operation.

That's not to say that there aren't other places where the code isn't
64-bit clean, but given that NUT hardly ever handles anything large
enough to overflow a 32-bit register, I'd say it is more productive to
look at runtime error messages rather than compile-time warnings.

--
- Charles Lepple