[Nut-upsuser] NUT 2.0.5 and 2.2.2 hacking -- there is something to improve!

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 8 11:31:18 UTC 2008

Citeren Kārlis Repsons <karlis.repsons at gmail.com>:

>> Please forward whatever information you have about this. Like I said,
>> I don't even know if this value is in seconds or minutes, so any
>> information you have is more than I have now.
>
> Here it goes what I have:
>
> The BP100 ups uses the Cyberpower protocol (a
> standard protocol in low power UPSs) and
> according to the official documentation of the protocol:

Now *this* is useful! Do you have the full specification available? If
possible, can you send it?

[...]

> So I could just compile powerpanel driver and replace for tests? I guess no,
> because of I have 2.0.5 NUT. (maybe use driver more directly?)

It would be better to upgrade to at least nut-2.2.2, but it would be
better to install the development version from the SVN trunk. All
changes will end up there first for testing.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list