[Nut-upsuser] ubuntu 8.04 upssched CANCEL-TIMER ignored

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 15 12:31:42 UTC 2008

Citeren Herwarth Heitmann <herwarth at heitmann.nl>:

> every two weeks my system shutsdown because my apc ups does a self
> test and nut is not picking up the cancel timer event.

Do you have the EXEC flag set on the ONLINE event in 'upsmon.conf'?

> according to me all settings are correct. in my upssched-cmd script i
> execute a remote shutdown, because nut is running in a virtual machine
> and i want the script to shutdown all hosts in my esx environment.

It usually helps if you mention which NUT version you're using. I
don't have a clue which is shipped with Ubuntu 8.04 (and you may not
be using their packaged version anyway).

Since upsmon clearly sees the ONLINE event, we can rule out driver
problems. I'm wondering where the logger output went by the way, it
would be useful to see that.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list