[Nut-upsuser] Unknown product ID for Tripp-Lite UPS (SU1500RTXL2UA)

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Wed Dec 31 09:45:52 UTC 2008

Den Wednesday 31 December 2008 06.31.05 skrev Herman C Lau:
> To all,

Hi Herman,
> I attempted to configure the UPS tools for the Tripp-Lite SmartOnline
> 1500VA 2U rackmount UPS.  I followed the instructions from the 'upsdrvctl
> start' output and posted the diagnostic information  below.
>
> Is my UPS using an unknown product ID as reported?  From the mailing list
> archive, I have found another posting for the same UPS with device model
> '09AE/4003', whereas mine is '09AE/4001'.

The output from the debug run looks OK. so you can try to add the productid to
the ups.conf

 [su1500]
 	driver = usbhid-ups
 	port = /dev/usb/hiddev0
	productid = 4001
 	desc = "Tripp Lite SmartOnline 1500VA"

And I think it ignore the port value. so you can set that to auto. Se the :
man usbhid-ups

Now run it as normal and se if the driver starts and the upsd so you can get
some values back with:
upsc su1500

Regards
Kjell