[Nut-upsuser] USB UPS on Solaris

Karl Dalen k_dal2 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:35:53 UTC 2008

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for posting the README for nut on Solaris.
I'm using mostly Solaris machines and I found out about NUT
after I had already written a small application that reads
input reports from a hid compliant UPS. I did not use
libusb but used the usb_ugen interface directly.

Now, I would still be interested in getting the full nut,
in particular the usbhid-ups driver, to work under Solaris.
I recently successfully installed NUT on a Linux machine and
I'm using usbhid-ups there.

I have a minor problem in building NUT for Solaris. I'm using
Solaris 10, update 3 From the make script I get the error:

libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed
gmake[1]: *** [snmp-ups] Error 1

I'm installing as:
./configure --with-usb=auto --prefix=/opt/inst/local/nut --with-statepath=/var/ups --with-user=pdl --
with-group=pdl

/usr/sfw/bin/gmake

Any idea on how to fix that? I saw in your README that you
referred to the distribution file as 'nut-2.1.0-Solaris_USB.tar.gz'
Is there a special version for Solaris I should use ?
I am using the regular nut-2.2.1.tar.gz source.

Any help would be appreciated.

/Karl D