[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups looping and unresponsive after update

John Darrah xyllyx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:55:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:29:47AM +0100, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> > After updating from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1, the following command
> > seems to go into loop and becomes unresponsive except for a
> > "kill -9":
> >
> > /lib/nut/usbhid-ups -u root -DDD -a trippy
>
> Running the driver in debug mode has always prevented it from
> backgrounding

I understand this quite well.

>, so nut-2.2.0 would also require a 'kill -9' to stop it,

The previous driver would stop by typing a CTRL-C when
running interactively in debug mode. The new driver will not
respond to a CTRL-C. It does not respond to a "kill -1",
"kill -2" or a "kill -15" either (Which may or may not be
OK).

I just thought it strange that the new version would require
a SIGKILL to terminate rather than a SIGINT or SIGTERM. I
guess it not a problem, just an observation of differing
behavior between versions.

--
John