[Nut-upsuser] Solaris/NUT 'wall' behaviour

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Feb 13 09:12:04 UTC 2008

>> Anyway, I've modified upsmon to call "wall -a" instead of "wall" and it
>> now does what I want.
> Do you (or anyone else running Solaris) know if this behavior changed
> in Solaris 10?

I've traced back the man page for the 'wall' command back to Solaris 2.4
(the oldest I could find online [1994]). This too had the '-a' option to
also send messages to pseudo terminals, instead of just the console
window. So I guess it has always been like that and for our purpose it
would probably be sufficient to use 'wall -a' instead of 'wall' if we
detect a Solaris system.

@Huge: Could you post a diff for the change you made?

Best regards, Arjen
--