[Nut-upsuser] Riello Dialog Plus UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Feb 16 20:48:48 UTC 2008

> I have discovered that if you build a custom cable you can use the
> genericups driver (tha cable supplied with the UPS does not work)...

How is that one wired?

> I have build a "normal" RS232 DTE-DCE cable (I have connected pin 1 with
> pin 1, pin 2 with pin 2, and so on... using two DB-9 connectors) AND I
> have used 3 pull-up resistors (I have used 4.7 KOhm) between pin 7 and
> pin 9 (RTS to RING), pin 7 and pin 8 (RTS to CTS) and between pin 4 and
> pin 1 (DTR to DCD)...
> With this cable the following configuration works...

Which NUT version? Looking at the values below, this probably is the
version from the trunk, otherwise the override with 'SD=ST' would be
ineffective.

> [myups]
> driver=genericups
> port=/dev/ttyS0
> desc="My UPS"
> upstype=0
> mfr="Riello Dialog Plus"
> model="Dialog Plus 2200VA"
> sdtime=20
> OL=RNG
> LB=-CTS
> SD=ST
> CP=DTR+RTS

What exactly did you test here? Have you run 'upsmon -c fsd' both with and
without mains present? What was the behaviour of the UPS in these cases?

> there is another signal (DCD) that comunicate the failure of the UPS and
> the DSR that go to zero when the cable is not connected...

We could test for the latter too, to get some rudimentary UPS connected,
so this is an interesting concept.

> someone can add a new upstype to the next releas of nut?

Not so fast. It clearly doesn't match any of the existing types, but we
need to be sure that it really behaves as expected before adding a
supported type... :-)

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands