[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower Drive in 2.2.0 Fedora 7

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Mon Feb 18 20:10:37 UTC 2008

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Seann Clark wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>> output.voltage: 0
>>

> Apparently, the UPS is not reporting the output voltage when on line.
> Does this change if you pull the plug? If so, we can probaly work around
> that easily. In reality, the UPS is probably reporting the
> 'output.voltage', which will be identical to the 'input.voltage' when on
> line (most of the time, unless the AVR kicks in, but we have no way to
> tell right now).
>
> [...]
>

>> ups.load: 52
>>

> Looks reasonable...
>
> [...]
>

>> ups.temperature: 39.0
>>

> Not totally unrealistic anymore, probably good enough to see some trends.
>

>> I only see three values that are off, two just by a few digits, load,
>> temp, and output. I would help out more, but I haven't the foggiest
>> about how to extract the output data for this easily.
>>

> What probably needs to be done is building a 'reverse' driver (one that
> looks like a UPS and can be controlled by us). Connecting that to the
> driver that CyberPower ships might give us enough data to fine tune the
> conversion functions.
>
> I will fix the reporting of the output voltage and then submit this
> driver for Testing as well. I already have confirmation that the other
> two flavors of the CyberPower (new binary and text protocol) are still
> in working order.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Well, I can help testing the connector on a separate system and seeing
how that CyberPower supplied driver plays with it, since I do have quite
a few systems in that network to work on, aside from my NUT master
server. I am more than happy to test with it all, and get it working as
best as I can. I haven't had the opportunity to get the Offline/plug
pulled portion tested (I am across town right now, and got the driver
and UPS software running remotely) so I will get that checked as well
when I get home. I CAN test the AVR side too (My apartment has some
circuits that are the suck in regards to wiring and power, older
apartment for the most part) as soon as that is done, I will post the
results and get the 'test' system up and running, and compare results
between the live 1500 and the emulator.

I can provide as much as I can with that, but a skew of 5 degree's C and
a load difference of about 6% isn't that bad of a skew, since it allows
you to error on the side of caution.

regards,

Seann Clark