[Nut-upsuser] [Fwd: Update to 2.2.1-2]

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 22 10:09:48 UTC 2008

BREZINA Oti wrote:

> I use Debian testing and after update nut to 2.2.1-2 (from 2.2.0 - not
> sure) (and yes I read update notes-nothing found) I have problem with
> communication with MGE PULSAR 2200.
>
> Communication is opened and data are received, but it show that my UPS
> is on BATTERY, what is not true. Also some other values don't agree with
> real situation.

We would like you to run the usbhid-ups driver in debug mode and post
the results here.

	<path>/usbhid-ups -DD -a MGEPULSAR

The first 30 seconds of output are what we are interested in. After
that, terminate the driver (it will stay in the foreground until you
kill it).

> Commands like delayed start are missing and write to /*outlet.0.desc*/
> is without effect.

These used to be variables, which is wrong. Writing to
'ups.delay.(start|reboot|shutdown)' will start a timer in the UPS and as
such, these are commands. Delayed start and stop on shutdown is
controlled via the variables 'ondelay' and 'offdelay'. If you want
switch on/off the load (possibly with a delay), you're advised to use
the 'load.on' and 'load.off' commands. These take an optional parameter
specifying the delay. See 'man 8 upscmd'.

Not being able to write to 'outlet.x.desc' is a bug in the mge-hid
subdriver. The value written to this variable is not refreshed after
writing it. If this is the case, you would see the change after
restarting of this driver. Thanks for reporting this!

Best regards, Arjen