[Nut-upsuser] Update to 2.2.1-2

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:50:08 UTC 2008

Charles,

2008/2/27, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> On Feb 26, 2008, at 5:11 PM, otik at printflow.sk wrote:
>
>  > Dear Arnaud,
>  >
>  >> guys,
>  >>
>  >> sorry for the lag in jumping over there.
>  >>
>  > You anyway do a good job!
>  >
>  > Thanks for prompt answers!
>  >
>  >>
>  >> If you want to do it yourself:
>  >> - look here for the needed build tools
>  >> http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-start.en.html#s-needprogs
>  >> - svn co svn://svn.debian.org/nut/trunk
>  >> - cd trunk
>

> missing step: run "autoreconf".
>

>  >> - ln -s packaging/debian
>  >> - fakeroot debian/rules binary
>

> Also, calling 'debian/rules' directly may not create the proper
>  dependencies. I would use "debuild -us -uc" instead.

can you try starting the "make package" or "make {deb,rpm} rules?
this is a long standing user need, and telling back "simply call
autoreconf && make something" would be easier. The hardest point is
that these rules should detect the exact system, switch to the right
set (ie redhat, suse, mandriva, ...) and address the build pre
requisites (ie apt-get -fy install dpkg-dev fakeroot ...).

Maybe a separate branch would be a good option while waiting for more
visibility?
Likewise Open might also be a good example:
http://swik.net/Ubuntu/Planet+Ubuntu/Caspar+Clemens+Mierau:+Joining+an+Active+Directory+domain+with+Ubuntu/b2t9g

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com