[Nut-upsuser] NUT with PowerWalker vi 400 se (usb).

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 03:07:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Thierry Thomas <thierry at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Le Sam 12 jul 08 à  8:00:29 +0200, Nick <n.ck at mail.ru>
>> When I plug the device on console displayed:
>> uhid0: Cypress Semiconductor USB to Serial, rev 1.10./0.02, addr 2, iclass 3/0
>
> This is the problem: your UPS unit is not detected, the system only
> detects a USB to Serial device on uhid0.

Thierry,

many low-end UPSes have a built-in USB-to-serial converter that uses
the default Cypress vendor ID.

Nick,

not sure if you already got this working or not, but libusb-based
packages such as NUT can't work with uhid* device nodes - you need to
either de-configure the uhid driver (in FreeBSD, I think a separate
driver handles USB/HID keyboard and mouse) or blacklist that specific
USB VID/PID combination. When it is configured correctly, the UPS will
be claimed by the ugen driver.

--
- Charles Lepple