[Nut-upsuser] Multiple ups/Belkin 1500VA no serial number

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Jun 6 09:12:29 UTC 2008

>> > Am I missing something in the logic, or do I just have an unusual
>> case?
>> Neither. These devices are just not suitable for use with NUT as long as
>> the libusb library doesn't expose the physical ports the UPS is attached
>> to.
> that will be fixed with the new libusb 1.0 project.
> I haven't looked at it for sometime, but the API should not be far from
> stable.

In the long run, this will solve the problem, but as long as libusb-1.0 is
not included in the major distrubutions you'll be limited to just one of
these devices per USB root device. It also requires us to rewrite some
stuff, since the library is incompatible with libusb-0.1.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands