[Nut-upsuser] Question about startup script

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 02:29:13 UTC 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Edjé wrote:

> Hello,
> I find in shutdown.txt file that before system boot after a power
> failure, it's better to check powerdown flag to be sure and pausing
> in the startup script to let the batteries recharge with filesystem.
> So i want to know which startup script is concerned? For the system
> or for nut?
> Thanks to explanation.

If I understand your question, it would be the system startup script.
By the time that the NUT startup script runs, filesystems have
probably been mounted read-write already.

I am not sure how many of us have actually modified the system
startup scripts in this way - there are several UPSes out there that
will do this for you in hardware (that is, the outlets are not turned
on until the battery has charged past a certain threshold).

Of course, the exact details will vary from system to system.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail