[Nut-upsuser] Megatec and Belkin F6H550-UPS

Alexander Chemeris Alexander.Chemeris at sipez.com
Sat Jun 28 11:32:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:
>> Let me know if you still would like a full -DDD output for a full
>> discharge (or anything else).
>
> We don't need this, since there would be no way to autodetect this UPS
> anyway.

IMHO, it would be very useful to still gather this information from
people and create
a database of such UPS on website/wiki or even in configs, so people could just
peek them and use, without doing all this scary experiments with full
discharging.
It is just matter of user-friendliness and simplicity. Just imagine -
you're forcing
every user of such UPS to do this experiment, spending time setting up hardware
for this, capturing logs, etc, while we could minimize this useless
time spending
by taking values from one user and publishing them.

Jayson, please, post results of your test here. Even if developers won't go with
creating database I described, your values still will be available for
people through
mailing list archives. :)

--
Regards,