[Nut-upsuser] Can I use NUT to set UPS parameters?

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sat Jun 28 13:05:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2008, at 8:32 AM, Huge wrote:
> > ... on my APC SmartUPS 2200? I need to tweak the "supply
> > overvoltage" trip upwards a few volts to reduce the number of
> > nuisance trips (2 or 3
> > a day) I get because of my crummy mains supply. It only stays on
> > battery
> > for a few seconds.
>
> Looking at the driver, it seems that each APC UPS returns a list of
> available commands, so if either "input.transfer.high" or
> "input.sensitivity" appears in the list of variables returned by
> "upsrw", you should be in business. See the upsrw man page for
> details, and let us know if that needs to be updated or clarified.

If you can't get it working it is fairly easy to do it manually (via
RS232 anyway).

See here.. http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/apcsmart.html

For newer UPSen you can just press enter and it will give you a nice
menu (but veeery slowly drawn)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum