[Nut-upsuser] problem with output voltage on a mustek ups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Mar 6 21:28:36 UTC 2008

pmjorge at lip.pt wrote:

> Do you mean the computer's power supply? But it is supposed to run on
> 220-230V not on 202V! Isn't this a problem?

No. The mains voltage is specified within a 230V -15/+10%, since the
voltage was harmonized within the EU. So a mains voltage of anything
between 196 and 253V is considered 'normal' and all equipment that is
sold in Europe will accept any voltage within that range (and usually
quite a bit lower as well).

> I thought that issuing
>    upscmd -u admin -p password mustek reset.input.minmax
> might make the UPS "re-think" if it should trim the output voltage,
> but I seems I was wrong. It does nothing.
>
> I will certainly complain to Mustek, as they say 220-230V output.

Don't waste your (and their) time. There is nothing wrong here.

Best regards, Arjen