[Nut-upsuser] distinguishing identical multiple usbhid-ups devices

davor emard davoremard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:39:47 UTC 2008

HI

I would like to connect several Cyberpower Value 800E devices
over a USB hub to a single host. Problem is how to distinguish
them in order to correctly identify because lsusb -vvvv -d  and upsc
show the same device name and serial number is 0

Bus 002 Device 012: ID 0764:0501 Cyber Power System, Inc.
  idVendor           0x0764 Cyber Power System, Inc.
  idProduct          0x0501
  bcdDevice            0.01
  iManufacturer           3 CPS
  iProduct                1 UPS VALUE
  iSerial                 0

usbhid-ups is capable to distinguish devices from the Bus
they are connected to, but as all are at the same hub the bus
is the same. I'd like if usbhid-ups could distinguish them from
the hubbed port they are plugged in.

However different serial number would be great.

Can I somehow reflash the device to change its serial number?

Best regards, Davor