[Nut-upsuser] Status of OL / OB flapping with no real pattern

Dan Trainor dan.trainor at beatport.com
Mon May 12 23:48:19 UTC 2008

Hi, all -

I've searched the archives, and although I've come close to finding a
few things that describe my problem, I haven't been able to nail it
down.

Basically I've got 8 TrippLite SU3000RTXR3U's (Couldn't it be a simple
model number, like "4UPS"?  hah!), and when I tap in to them with nutc,
I see that the status flaps back and forth between OL and OB quite
frequently, to the tune of several times a minute.

I see that the power coming in is clean and not fluctuating at all, and
none of my other UPSs do this, even those that nut is monitoring.  I
suspect some sort of bug in the firmware, however there are no updates
available for this device.

My question is, does anyone recognize this, and if so, what did you do
to resolve it?  It becomes difficult to monitor the batteries themselves
when the data being polled is erroneous, and I'm looking for a solution.

Thanks!
-dant