[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.2.2 released

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed May 14 10:38:20 UTC 2008

Hi Arnaud,

On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:10:23 +0200, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> 2008/5/13 Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org>:
> >  I'd like to accept but I doubt that my tight schedule will let me do
> >  this properly. But if nobody else steps in, I think I can at least take
> >  care of Freshmeat, as long as I am subscribed to nut-upsuser. I'll do
> >  the nut 2.2.2 announcement right now.
>
> thanks Jean,

You're welcome. Version 2.2.2 is now announced on Freshmeat (although
for some reason I didn't receive the notification mail.) I also added a
screenshot of upsstats on my home server. I think users are more likely
to try nut if they can see how it will look like (even though I realize
that upsstats is only the tip of the nut iceberg.)

Freshmeat has a field where you can point the visitors to a demo site.
I think it would make sense to use that for nut, it would be even more
appealing than a simple screenshot. I was about to add my own upsstats
page there [1] (which is what I used for the screenshot) but before
doing that, I wanted to ask:
* if anyone objects to me doing that, and
* whether someone has a more complete nut setup that would better
  demonstrate how powerful nut is. My setup has a single UPS, it's a
  bit cheap given what nut can do. Remember that it only makes sense
  to use your setup as a demo page if it is OK for the information to
  be public and if the URL will be valid for the months or preferably
  years to come (which is the case of mine.)

[1] http://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/ups/

--
Jean Delvare