[Nut-upsuser] Upgraded nut & now remote monitors can't connect.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu May 22 02:22:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Forest Bond <forest at alittletooquiet.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 09:14:42PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> Note that we are planning on dropping the ACL functionality after
>> v2.2.x in favor of the LISTEN directive (with finer ACL granularity
>> being handled by the OS firewall rules).
>
> I can look into this.  Is it supported in my version?

LISTEN should be supported in both 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 ("man upsd.conf"
for syntax information).

Then again, if you are using "ACL all 0.0.0.0/0" and "ACCEPT all",
that corresponds to the default "LISTEN 0.0.0.0" (listen on all
interfaces).

I only mentioned LISTEN so that you don't get too wrapped up in the
syntax of ACL if you decide to restrict things more later.

--
- Charles Lepple