[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar EX over serial problem (FreeBSD)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:38:50 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel,

2008/11/3 Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>:

>> > not at all, this is the oldish mge-shut.
>>
>> Yes, this is mge-shut in 2.2.2.
>>
>> > trying newmge-shut might be a good idea, but I would not recommend it
>> > yet for a production system.
>> > I really have to finish that one!
>>
>> Heh :)
>> I tried it from the 2.2.2 code (dunno how functional it is).
>>
>> It seems to get some stuff every second invocation (same as the usual
>> driver) but it also gets errors :(
>>
>> I've attached some logs.
>
> Any ideas? I'm kind surprised I haven't heard any one say they have an MGE UPS
> in the US that does/doesn't work :)

still on my stack. I've discussed a bit with our QA team, and we are
checking to setup something to test.
I'll give you news asap...
I'm also preparing a FreeBSD system to test with.

btw, MGE *UPS* is dying. You might want to refer to MGE Office
Protection Systems, now part of the Eaton Group, and competitor of MGE
*UPS* (now merged with APC). Yup, a bit complicate, but how wonderful
is the globalization, isn't it? ;-)

cheers
-- Arnaud