[Nut-upsuser] installing NUT on Mac OSX

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 10 15:02:30 UTC 2008

Citeren ?????? ? <pano.irk at gmail.com>:

> I installed NUT (2.2.2)  via MacPorts.
>
> $ sudo /opt/local/bin/upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.2
> Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.33 (2.2.2)
>
> Can't chdir to /opt/local/var/db/ups: No such file or directory
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>

> What does this mean?

Well, pretty much what it is telling you.

When NUT was build for MacPorts it was configured to use this
directory as STATEPATH, but apparently it is missing on your system.
You'd better ask whoever is the packager for the MacPorts what to do
now. The packaging seems to be broken, there is little we can do about
that.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list