[Nut-upsuser] Mustek PowerMust 600 USB configuration

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Wed Nov 12 23:33:04 UTC 2008

Hi Arnaud,

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 23:35:25 you wrote:
> hey there,

> >> Sorry, I was wrong it is!

> >> ???
> >
> > I asked you to provide the output of the megatec_usb driver with -DDDDD
> > in one of previous e-mails. Or everything is ok now?
>
> no need for the moment,

There was another issue I was trying to investigate :) (unrelated to
packaging)
You can see here:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2008-November/004542.html

> atm, the install fails due to the missing udevadm binary (part of the
> udev package).
> @Janeks: don't you have a udev installed on your box?

No, I've checked this already, udevadm appears first in lenny. There is no
such binary in any package in etch.

> @Alex: a possible enhancement for debian/nut.postinst is to test
> udevadm existance before firing it... ;-)

I don't think so :)
It is already dealt with in the official source from lenny by this dependency:
udev  (>= 0.124-1)
This is why I removed this strict version dependency in the second version of
the package in hope that it will work anyway. Unfortunately it is not
working.
I am going to backport udev from lenny to fix this when I have time (still not
configured qemubuilder :( ).
Maybe you have an advice on this? Is this strict dependency really needed?

> first, solve the install issue, then continue with the config and
> debug output...

Well, this is reasonable :)

--
  Alexander