[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar EX over serial problem (FreeBSD)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:27:23 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel,

a small update... sorry for the delay!

2008/11/6 Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>:
> On Tuesday 04 November 2008 02:08:50 Arnaud Quette wrote:
>> still on my stack. I've discussed a bit with our QA team, and we are
>> checking to setup something to test.
>> I'll give you news asap...
>> I'm also preparing a FreeBSD system to test with.
>
> OK thanks!
>
>> btw, MGE *UPS* is dying. You might want to refer to MGE Office
>> Protection Systems, now part of the Eaton Group, and competitor of MGE
>> *UPS* (now merged with APC). Yup, a bit complicate, but how wonderful
>> is the globalization, isn't it? ;-)
>
> Yes I got the sorry tale from our wholesaler when it happened. No real effect
> except some names change slightly :)

I can tell you that it hasn't been easy to switch between 2 giant
groups, and adapt/change everything within a year...
but that's another point, which is not the topic.

I've had a chance to test yesterday a similar US model (Pulsar EX 1000
RT2U), and have not been able to reproduce the problem :-(
but it was with a Linux system!
I've installed a FreeBSD into VirtualBox, but haven't yet completed
this install (what's the right command to install nut btw?)
I'll have to do some FreeBSD testing, but if I can't reproduce it
again, I'll possibly need an access to one of the faulty unit (is it
possible?).

best regards,
Arnaud
--