[Nut-upsuser] Megatec_USB on OpenBSD 4.3 - again...

Henning Brauer hb-nut at bsws.de
Thu Nov 20 16:43:55 UTC 2008

* ng-sup01 at mclink.it <ng-sup01 at mclink.it> [2008-11-03 11:22]:
> On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 17:26 +0100, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > > The kernel driver might not automatically match a VID:PID of 0000:0001, however.
> >
> > this is the reason the quirk will not make it into OpenBSD, at least
> > not in its current form.
> >
> > uhid attaches because the device claims it is a HID device. that simple.
> >

> So it seems everything is fine, so far: the USB quirk did its job.

exactly.

> > would be /dev/ttyU0 etc, but as said, irrelevant, it doesn't show up
> > as ucom(4).
>
> Confirmed, if I plug in a USB-to-RS232 converter it shows up as "ucom0
> at uchcom0". The UPS, instead, is "ugen0 at uhub0".

usb serials are always ucomX at something, where the something depends
on the actual device driver, yes.

ugen is as much as a "I dunno what the hell that is" from the kernel,
and userland can talk to it via ugen.

> Now, is there anything I can try to debug the pending issue, since
> megatec_usb claims it didn't find any device to talk to?

nut side problem now :)

Henning Brauer, hb at bsws.de, henning at openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de
Dedicated Servers, Rootservers, Application Hosting - Hamburg & Amsterdam