[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-lite Omni VS1000

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 17:20:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Barb Smith <mystified at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:14:14 -0000, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Barb Smith <mystified at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Kjell told me to change a udev rule and now I'm getting this:
>>> gentoo mystified # /etc/init.d/upsdrv start
>>>  * Starting UPS drivers ...
>>> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.2
>>> Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.33 (2.2.2)
>>>
>>> Using subdriver: TrippLite HID 0.2 (experimental)                     [
>>> ok ]
>>
>> What does "upsc omni1000 at localhost" return?
>>

> gentoo mystified # upsc omni1000 at localhost
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.runtime: 1530
> battery.type: PbAc
> battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0

Odd - it returns battery charge, and nominal voltage, but not the
actual voltage.

> driver.name: usbhid-ups
> driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.parameter.productid: 1007
> driver.version: 2.2.2
> driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.2 (experimental)
> driver.version.internal: 0.33
> input.voltage.nominal: 120
> output.frequency.nominal: 60
> output.voltage.nominal: 120
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 20
> ups.delay.start: 30
> ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
> ups.model: TRIPP LITE UPS
> ups.power.nominal: 1000
> ups.productid: 1007
> ups.serial: FW-2263 E
> ups.status: OL CHRG

The reported status is "online" and "charging". Does that match the
front panel lights?

> ups.timer.shutdown: 65535
> ups.vendorid: 09ae
> ups.watchdog.status: 0
>
> Looks like it's working!

Before you put it into production, be sure to test the shutdown
sequence with a dummy load (so that you don't remove power from the
computer at an inopportune time). docs/shutdown.txt in the NUT source
tarball explains this, and you probably want to consult any
Gentoo-specific documentation to see what modifications are necessary
to their system shutdown scripts.

--
- Charles Lepple