[Nut-upsuser] Siemens Series A?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 12:37:16 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 6:30 AM, Morgan Read <mstuff at read.org.nz> wrote:
> Folks
>
> Has anyone any experience with these?
> http://www.automation.siemens.co.uk/main/business%20groups/power/ups/products/ups%20systems/single%20phase/

No first-hand experience with them, but the "UPS Communications" page
linked from that URL mentions MopUPS, which was mentioned by someone
who had an ONEAC UPS.

On the other hand, I don't know if MopUPS would make use of the full
serial communications protocol, or if it is just doing contact-closure
signaling, which is handled by the 'genericups' driver. (We do have a
'oneac' driver, but it might take some tweaking if the Siemens UPS is
not compatible with the ONEAC or Chloride models.)

For $50, I'd say it's worth trying. If you have some time, we can work
through the specifics of figuring out whether the protocol is already
covered by one of the existing NUT drivers.

--
- Charles Lepple