[Nut-upsuser] ups question from your web site

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Oct 16 03:05:12 UTC 2008

Dear Nick,

thanks for writing. I no longer work on development of UPS drivers;
you will probably get a more up-to-date answer from the nut-upsuser
mailing list (cc'd).

I don't know if the Back-UPS 550 has similar commands to the Back-UPS
ES 650. If it has a USB connection, then the answer is probably yes.

The UPS will automatically turn itself back on after a power failure;
this is the default behavior.

The question is whether your *computer* will turn itself back on after
a power failure. This is an option you can usually configure in the
BIOS (i.e., by pressing F1 or ESC or something just before the
computer starts to boot).

Hope this helps, -- Peter