[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups works, upsc doesn't - help?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 02:15:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Dave <dave at reddave.com> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Dave <dave at reddave.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've installed NUT on my Mac OS X 10.5 server, using the macports
>>> build. The machine is a dual processor G4 tower, connected to an APC
>>> UPS via USB.
>>
>> What version of NUT? (The macports project is separate from the main
>> NUT project)
>>
> Macports installed version 2.2.2, which if I read the documentation
> correctly it grabbed the source for directly from the NUT website and then
> simply automated compilation for me, confusing me greatly in the process
> about where the hell it had put things :-)

Do you have a link to the port file, or whatever description they are
using to build?

>>> Got -22 HID objects...
>>
>> Hmm, this doesn't look good. The number of HID objects should be positive.

I am still wondering where this came from. The -22 is EINVAL, which
seems to come from libusb, but since it has gotten that far, you
should not get that error.

What version of libusb do you have installed?

Also, can you set the USB_DEBUG environment variable to 3 and re-run
the driver? Please compress the log with gzip or zip before sending it
to the list.

--
- Charles Lepple