[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups works, upsc doesn't - help?

Dave dave at reddave.com
Tue Oct 21 20:49:39 UTC 2008

Arjen,

Thanks for looking into this.

>> usbhid-ups seems to be working, see output below. However, when I run
>>  /opt/local/bin/upsc apcups at localhost
>> All I get is an error message: Error: Data stale
>
> Run the 'upsd' server in debug mode, to see if the problem is in the
> communication between UPS and driver or between driver and server.

It looks to me like upsd is communicating with the server. The log is
below.

Thanks!

Dave

$ sudo /opt/local/sbin/upsd -DDDD -f
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.2.2
/opt/local/etc/upsd.conf is world readable
listen_add: added 0.0.0.0:3493
listening on 0.0.0.0 port 3493
/opt/local/var/db/ups is world readable
Connected to UPS [apcups]: usbhid-ups-apcups
UPS [apcups]: dump is done
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
Data for UPS [apcups] is stale - check driver
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
sstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
^Csstate_dead: driver for UPS [apcups] says data is stale
Signal 2: exiting