[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower/powerpanel error: Data stale

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 29 21:17:51 UTC 2008

Citeren Seann Clark <nombrandue at tsukinokage.net>:

> After compiling the modified driver I am seeing this:
>
> Tue Oct 28-11:33:30-root at haruhi:drivers> ./powerpanel -DDD -u nut -a
> cyberpower-ups
> Network UPS Tools -  CyberPower text/binary protocol UPS driver 0.23 (2.2.2)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.
>
> debug level is '3'
> Trying binary protocol...
> read: (4 bytes) => 2e 09 f6 ff
> Expected 20 bytes but only got 4
> read: (20 bytes) => 2e 4f 50 31 35 30 30 20 20 20 20 2e 78 2e 3c 2e 35 31
> 30 30
> CyberPower UPS with binary protocol on /dev/ttyS0 detected

[...]

> send: (2 bytes) => 44 0d
> read: timed out
> Communications with UPS lost: Status read failed!
> send: (2 bytes) => 44 0d
> read: timed out
> Communications with UPS lost: Status read failed!
> send: (2 bytes) => 44 0d
> read: timed out
> Communications with UPS lost: Status read failed!
> send: (2 bytes) => 44 0d
> read: timed out
> Communications with UPS lost: Status read failed!
> send: (2 bytes) => 44 0d
> read: timed out
> Communications with UPS lost: Status read failed!
> ^CSignal 2: exiting
>
> So that didn't fix the issue, but judging from your statements,
> related to it, it wasn't expected to really solve it, more just to
> change it to be more like the old driver that 'works'.

In fact, it only got worse (the first read now fails). So this is not
a good idea, we should leave RTS as it is.

> It looks like it got a few more reads into that though before
> failing on the status.

That's probably just a coincidence. What might be useful now, is to
check on this system if nut-2.2.1 is able to keep the connection
alive. As Kjell already wrote that this is probably a regression in
the kernel, so I don't have high hopes it will. If you really feel
like digging into this, running the driver through 'strace' might give
some useful info.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list