[Nut-upsuser] Setup of upssched on opensuse 11

tarbeite tarbeite at fit.edu
Tue Sep 16 19:12:22 UTC 2008

Hi all

I¹m not sure if this is the right place to post but I¹m at wits end. So here
we go.

Running opensuse 11 with two ups that can be seen via web interface and post
messages on the console.

My issue lies in trying to get the upssched and upsmon to work correctly.
Currently I have the exec flags denoted in the upsmon and ³NOTIFYCMD
/usr/sbin/upssched² is specified as the NOTIFYCMD flag as well since this is
where is could fin the file. In upssched I have ³CMDSCRIPT
/usr/bin/upssched-cmd² for the script file. Finally upssched-cmd looks like
the following.

#! /bin/sh
#
# This script should be called by upssched via the CMDSCRIPT directive.
#
# Here is a quick example to show how to handle a bunch of possible
# timer names with the help of the case structure.
#
# This script may be replaced with another program without harm.
#
# The first argument passed to your CMDSCRIPT is the name of the timer
# from your AT lines.

case $(1) in
        onbattwarn)
                WALL "UPS is down fix me please"
                echo "TIM_UPS is on Battery for more then 10 seconds" \
tarbeite at fit.edu
                ;;
        esac

Also I am calling the time in upssched as ³AT ONBATT * EXECUTE onbattwarn²

Any idea as to why nothing works when I pull the cord on the UPS? I can
provide more info if needed.

Thanks

~Tim