[Nut-upsuser] Usbhip-ups going wild

Antoine Gatineau antoine.gatineau at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Aug 5 14:31:30 UTC 2009

Well,

I have unfortunately uplugged the usb cord. Now I am not able to start the
drivers again.
When I plug in the usb cord I get :
Aug  5 16:23:33 localhost kernel: usb 3-2: new low speed USB device using
address 6
Aug  5 16:23:34 localhost kernel: usbhid: probe of 3-2:1.0 failed with error
-5

When I start the nut driver using upsdrvctl start, I get :
Aug  5 16:24:05 localhost upsdrvctl: Can't claim USB device [0463:ffff]:
could not detach kernel driver from interface 0: Operation not permitted
Aug  5 16:24:05 localhost upsdrvctl: Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver
0.34 (2.4.1)
Aug  5 16:24:05 localhost upsdrvctl: USB communication driver 0.31
Aug  5 16:24:05 localhost upsdrvctl: Network UPS Tools - UPS driver
controller 2.4.1
Aug  5 16:24:05 localhost upsdrvctl: Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

I gess there are some conflicts somewhere. What is really wierd is that I
get the same messages after reboot or reinstallation of the rpms.
Any idea?

  _____