[Nut-upsuser] Megatec driver floods logs #2 & mail notifications

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Mon Dec 28 20:28:10 UTC 2009

Hi!

On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 20:54 +0100, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean with first and second goal. Please
> make a timeline with events and what you want to happen at each point
> in time.

OK, I will try to put it the other way around :-) (let's assume that the
UPS battery is fully charged for clarity)

1) If the power goes down but then comes back within 1-3 minutes do
nothing (don't send emails etc.)

2) If the power goes down for longer then 3 minutes send a power down
e-mail.

3) If the power comes back send a power back e-mail and cancel shutdown.

4) If the power does not come back and the battery is drained (in my
tests in can last for ~15 minutes) shutdown the machine and hope for the
best.

So far I was not able to achieve this by simple means. So I settled with
the following setup:

# The timers, here 3 min after the ONBATT (ups on battery) event
AT ONBATT * START-TIMER linedown 180

# Cancel the countdown is power is back
AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER linedown

AT ONLINE * EXECUTE lineup

It sends a power back e-mail no matter what, but probably we can live
with it.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely yours,