[Nut-upsuser] Megatec driver floods logs #2 & mail notifications

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Tue Dec 29 13:35:06 UTC 2009

Hi!

Please keep the list traffic on the list so that the others can benefit.

1) Be sure that an MTA is installed and working:

mail -s "Test" you at mail.com <<EOF
Test!
EOF

2) Be sure that the script has correct permissions:

chmod ugo+x /mnt/data/scripts/ups-notifier

3) Be sure that it actually works:

/mnt/data/scripts/ups-notifier lineup
/mnt/data/scripts/ups-notifier linedown
/mnt/data/scripts/ups-notifier lineup

You should get only 2 e-mails!

4) Be sure that your configuration is correct:

upsmon.conf:

# ZYV
NOTIFYCMD /usr/sbin/upssched

# ZYV
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC

upssched.conf:

CMDSCRIPT /mnt/data/scripts/ups-notifier

# ZYV
PIPEFN /var/run/nut/upssched.pipe
LOCKFN /var/run/nut/upssched.lock

# ZYV

# The timers, here 3 min after the ONBATT (ups on battery) event
AT ONBATT * START-TIMER linedown 180

# Cancel the countdown is power is back
AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER linedown

AT ONLINE * EXECUTE lineup