[Nut-upsuser] XPCC XVRT-1000 driver

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Dec 29 16:25:43 UTC 2009

Great Jeff,
> Jeffrey B. Green wrote:
> > I'll experiment with the driver variable options, however, if you know
> > the correct (or almost correct) settings, then that info would be
> > greatly appreciated.

No my baby is the bcmxcp driver, so my knowledge in the calculations done
in the powercom  driver is not so god. But I think you got close.

> Setting the line voltage variable to 120 produces:

Yes the line voltage is used in calculation.

> % upsc xtreme
> battery.charge: 98.1
> driver.name: powercom
> driver.parameter.linevoltage: 120
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
> driver.parameter.type: KIN1500AP
> driver.version: 2.2.2
> driver.version.internal: $ Revision: 0.5 $
> input.frequency: 59.53
> input.voltage: 105.2
> input.voltage.nominal: 120
> output.frequency: 59.53
> output.voltage: 105.2
> ups.load: 9.9
> ups.mfr: PowerCom
> ups.model: Unknown
> ups.model.type: KIN1500AP
> ups.serial: Unknown
> ups.status: OL

This look close to the upsmon program. The only thing is the voltage that is
low. Better have the dev's looking at this, as it have to be a new setting
in the driver.

But the most important part is the ups.status. Check if it go from OL (On
Line) to OB (On Battery) when you remove the main's.

The best way of doing this is by a circuit breaker on the line. So the ground
connection would stay uninterrupted.

Then you have to make a real test. Best is to load it with some light-bulbs as
it is going to shut off. Have the communication to the computer and load it
with the bulbs until it signals LB (Low Battery). Now check if it shutting
down properly.

/Kjell