[Nut-upsuser] My previous post (lengthy, lots of tarace output)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 15:44:35 UTC 2009

On Thursday 31 December 2009, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>> Do yourself a favor and ask for help on a Fedora mailing list and
>> preferably find some pre-compiled RPM's to install on your system. I
>> don't have the time,
>
>That would have been easier a week or 2 ago. :-)
>
>>From the thread I think he's running Fedora 10, which is now End of Lifed.
>He may be able to get the nut packages from the distro CD,but no updates.
>
>Gene, if you are running Fedora 10, an update to 12 would be well worth it,
>and the nut rpm's are in the standard repo

Maybe, but the upgrade reports have been a bit 'disconcerting' with their
horror details, and I expect the upgrade would upchuck all over itself cuz
anaconda is hard coded for a far different disk partitioning scheme than is
running here.  This is my main box of 4, and it has a place of "I can't die,
it's not my time yet" even if I could, at 75 & diabetic, my warranty expired
75+ years ago.  ;-)

Thanks Chris.

--
Cheers, Gene