[Nut-upsuser] ordered shutdown

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 9 10:33:46 UTC 2009

Citeren Lars Täuber <taeuber op bbaw.de>:

> it seems I understood how NUT works now. But then it is not the
> solution for us. The reason simply is we have one big ups for so
> many servers. And it's a bad idea to have one point in time to
> shutdown all servers. So one »battery low« signal for all servers is
> not what we need.

In that case, I probably don't understand what you're trying to do.

> There are some servers that should  work as long as possible and
> shut down shortly (2 minutes) before the ups shuts off. But these
> server also should try to shut down and that's why they need the
> connection to the ups too.

So you want the servers to keep running as long as possible and the
clients should go down after a power outage of (say) five minutes?
That's possible too.

> Is it possible with NUT to tell upsd to initiate a shutdown by the
> means of upssched? As long as I understood upssched doesn't run as
> root. So it can't be used to initiate a shutdown directly.

Sure. But if you can describe more clearly what you're trying to do,
we might come up with other alternatives as well, as I don't think
this is what you want to do.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list