[Nut-upsuser] early shutdown of VMware VMs

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Fri Feb 13 01:51:20 UTC 2009

I'm new to NUT, but didn't find a clear answer to this either in the
recent "ordered shutdown" thread or in Google:

How to shut down VMWare guest virtual machines earlier than the host
machine they run on? (For example, if everything normally shuts down at
5% UPS battery, then the VMs should shut down at 10%.)

I also read upssched.txt but I can't tell from the early shutdown
section which settings to use on the master and which on the slaves.

This seems like a fairly standard problem -- are there sample configs
posted someplace?

thanks!

dn