[Nut-upsuser] early shutdown of VMware VMs

Douglas Parsons doug at parsonsemail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:46:36 UTC 2009

What version of VMWare are you running? This makes a difference as to your
choices.

Do you have the VMWare tools installed on the virtual machines?

With most versions you can have the host shut down the guest. Some versions
give more options than others.

As I understood from a previous thread there is no current means to trigger
at set battery levels for particular slaves. But you may be able to trigger
at a higher battery level so the host will start the guest shutdown and have
time to complete before you run out of battery.

If I mis speak here please correct me list. I an a novice on nut.

Doug