[Nut-upsuser] Recommended UPS brand (OffTopic sort of)

Douglas Parsons doug at parsonsemail.com
Fri Feb 13 17:01:45 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am looking for a compatible brand for nut. I currently have both APC and
MGE units in house. I liked the MGE units and had switched to them after
several bad experiences with the APC line. We ordered 13 APC Rack mount
units and the quality was horable. One blew up, two did not have the mount
holes threaded and several had considerable rust on them. With this I swore
off APC and found MGE. Then what happens? MGE purchases APC. Now I find that
most of the MGE models that I use are no longer available and so I am in the
market for a new brand of UPS.

I am looking for a 2200 VA rack mount in a 2U package. 120V in 120V out
single phase. What I would like is a product that is compatible with NUT and
supports serial communication. I know that some brand support more commands
than others.

I am not out to start a flame war on brands just get a list of one that
users have had good experiences with.

Really hate that MGE drop those models as I really like the quality and
design.

Oh well.

Thanks,

Doug