[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools version 2.4.1 released

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:58:39 UTC 2009

Hi Scott and Rob,

2009/2/17 Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:12, Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi Arnaud...
> >
> > Will this update be made available as .deb file ??? I'm using Ubuntu, I
> > prefer to use files from the repositories over compiling,
>
> That is going to be largely in the hands of those managing the
> repositories I suspect - you should ask the maintainer of the NUT
> package.

he has done so ;-)
I'm planning to upload to Debian probably this afternoon (since I'm off and
busy tomorrow)
the sync with Jaunty has to happen before the next friday, and everything
discussed at FossCamp / UDS (see my thread about that) is in line with that
(pwrkap and powerman have already been approved ; only nut 2.4 is missing)

now, I've not planned to update the MGE repository for now, and I don't
think my Ubuntu friends will backport 2.4 to intrepid and olders.

so the path forward for you will be a jaunty upgrade when available...

 > and is there
> > really a need to update to this version from 2.2.2 ???
>
> That's always a personal/business call.  If there have been any
> security vulnerabilities fixed since 2.2.2 (that haven't been back
> ported by the package maintainer) then I would say you should.
> Otherwise, only if you have a problem with your 2.2.2 install or it is
> lacking a feature in the current version that you need.

that said, there is nothing new on the SOLA front.
so have a look at the NEWS file (also linked in my announce mail) and check
if you have some need.
if you're running intrepid x86, I can send some packages though...

Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops
Debian Developer -