[Nut-upsuser] ups.delay.shutdown clarification

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Wed Feb 25 19:13:55 UTC 2009

A client of mine has an APC Back-UPS 350 model (USB connected). His
office had a power incident yesterday, where there was an interruption
of about 30 seconds. During that time, the server shut down. As soon
as it went on battery, the daemon initiated a shutdown. In checking it
today, I see the ups.delay.shutdown setting is -1. I tried to adjust
it, but could not do so.

What does the "-1" setting mean? I Googled, but couldn't find anything
relevant. Am I correct in assuming it is this setting that caused the
immediate shutdown? Today, the UPS shows a load of 35, via the upsc
command, so it doesn't appear it was overloaded.

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group Inc.

Office:		604-628-5434
Cell:   	604-866-2848
Email:  	des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Peace of Mind, One Computer at a Time.