[Nut-upsuser] SOLA-330 2 Questions !!!

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Jan 25 16:45:12 UTC 2009

Citeren Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org>:

> I was recently given a SOLA-330 UPS
>
> However, it didn't come with the comms cable so I'm having some trouble
> trying to find a pin-out for this UPS and secondly exactly what driver
> to use with NUT ??
>
> I've got the users manual for a SOLA-325 (from website) and this has a
> pin-out for this model but clearly it's not the same for the 330 as I
> have tried to make a simple cable using... ( RX &TX lines and ground
> only, this cable I believe is my main problem!)
>
> UPS - PC
> 1    -    2
> 2    -    3
> 4    -    5

You'll probably need some other lines to, to make sure cable power is
provided. In many cases, this is mandatory for reliable communication.

> And with this I then attempted to fire up NUT using the suggested driver
> of "megatec" however I get the error message of "Communications with UPS
> ups at localhost lost" so clearly the driver is finding what it wants to
> see! and then it informs that... "UPS ups at localhost is unavailable"

This could be due to the above problem. Try if running the driver in
debug mode like

     megatec -DDD -a ups

reveals some additional information.

> UPSD.CONF
> ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
> ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32
> ACL firewall 192.168.0.1/32

This will only allow the external interface of the local machine. I
don't think this is what you intended, since in that case you had
better used 'localhost' instead. If you want other machines to connect
to this server, you'll have to relax your netmask.

> ACCEPT localhost
> ACCEPT firewall
> REJECT all

Best regards, Arjen