[Nut-upsuser] Problems with Unitek Alpha 1000 Ps

Jordi Moreno jmoreno at cim.es
Thu Jan 29 10:58:11 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte escribió:
> Citeren Jordi Moreno <jmoreno at cim.es>:
>
>> chopito:/usr/local/ups# bin/blazer_usb -a unitek -u root -x
>> vendorid=0665 -k -DDDDD
>
> Try
>
>     bin/blazer_usb -a unitek -u root -x offdelay=60 -k -DDD
>
> instead. Your UPS may not understand an offdelay smaller than 60 seconds.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Ok, I modified my ups.conf as follows:

[unitek]
         driver = blazer_usb
         port = auto
         offdelay = 60
         vendorid = 0665
         productid = 5161
         subdriver = phoenix
         desc = "Unitek Alpha 1000 PS"

And I tried:

# bin/blazer_usb -a unitek -u root -k -x ondelay=2 -DDD
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0665/5161) (003/005)
- VendorID: 0665
- ProductID: 5161
- Manufacturer: WayTech Development(S)
- Product: WayTech USB-RS232 Interface (V1.0)
Baud rate 2400bps
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device: could not claim interface 0: Device or
resource busy
detached kernel driver from USB device...
Initiating UPS shutdown
send: S01R0003
read: Resource temporarily unavailable
blazer_command: Resource temporarily unavailable
instcmd: command [shutdown.return] failed
[...]
Shutdown failed after 3 retries!

It returns error messages, but it seems to do the job just ok... It
shuts down past 60 seconds and turns on again in 2 minutes. There's only
one little thing... in my config, when line goes down, nut launches a
script that initiates a shutdown sequence in a minute if the line don't
come back... just before shutting down the server (in rc.6), it sends a
shutdown command to the UPS. This seems to work ok for now... but I need
that the UPS turns on the load again when the line comes back, and it
doesn't happen as expected... line comes back but the UPS won't turn
on... I have read in the blazer man page about the shutdown.return
command... How can I make NUT to send this command instead of
shutdown.stayoff (as it seems to be sending). What value for ondelay
should I give in order to do this?

Thank you folks for all your help, it is almost working perfectly thanks
to your advice...