[Nut-upsuser] ordered shutdown

Lars Täuber taeuber at bbaw.de
Fri Jan 30 12:32:43 UTC 2009

Hallo there.

I'm new to this list and also to NUT.
Our previous ups-system was APC based and apcupsd was serving the ordered shutdowns in our network.

Our new ups is made by MGE and that's why we can't use apcupsd anymore. This led us into trouble.
Our network system is quite complex and we need shutdown sequence levels. The servers depend on each other because of NFS and SQL connections and the like.
We have one 60kVA UPS and more than 20 servers/routers/SANs supplied with energy by it.

With apcupsd we could confiure the servers to shutdown on a specified battery level or the remaining time. Is there a way to do this with NUT anyhow?
I thought about using the schedule mechanism with own bash scripts but this won't work on windows. In the docs is nothing written about such a feature.
BTW, is there a feature request website for NUT somewhere?

Thanks
Lars